This website uses its own and third-party cookies to improve the functionality of the site and facilitate browsing on it. Below we set out the information relating to cookies in the terms laid down by Act nº 34/2002 of 11 July and its subsequent modifications, specifically that provided by Royal Decree-Law 13/2012 of 30 March.
What are cookies?
Cookies are a tool used by web servers to store and recover information on their visitors. A cookie is a unique identifier in the form of a text file which some servers send to the user’s device to permit recording that user’s activity on the website, thus making it possible to improve the quality of the service and the security of the website.
Cookies have an expiry date which can range from a minimum comparable to the duration of the session to a determined future date from which they will cease to be operative.
Why are they important?
Their importance is based on various reasons which are summarised below in an illustrative and non-exhaustive manner:
- They streamline the functioning of the website.
- They improve the adaptability of the website to the users’ preferences, for example by storing their language.
- They favour more efficient use of advertising.
Types of cookies used
Below we detail the cookies which are installed in the user’s device as a result of browsing this website. This website mjc.cat uses the following types of cookies:
Own cookies (start of session, personalisation, technical or functional): those which facilitate browsing and provide the services requested by the website user. They collect basic and concrete technical data and access criteria.
They are not permanent, although they may occasionally remain in place to recall the users’ preferences:
- Google Analytics (web analysis)
- _ language (language preferences)
- wp-settings icl_current_-4 (WordPress preference)
- wp-settings-time-4 (WordPress preference)
- wpml_referer_url (language preferences)
What can I do in relation with cookies?
The cookies installed in your device can be permitted, blocked or eliminated by setting up the options of your Internet browser. Some of these actions may entail the inaccessibility of some of the available services offered by the website.
You can obtain further information on setting up cookies and your preferences in the principal browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options > Privacy
- Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Personalised settings
- Chrome: Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy and security > Content settings
- Safari: Preferences > Security
- Opera: Settings
If you want to contact us you can do so via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org